About MODINT Logistics
MODINT Logistics was founded by MODINT, branch organisation for the fashion, interior, textile and carpet branches in collaboration with partner Greenway Logistics; its aim is to organise and offer logistics concepts in the field of sustainability and innovation. Logistics discount arrangements are agreed upon with logistics service suppliers (transporters) to reduce logistics costs for the members of the members of MODINT. Horizontal collaboration is the key to lower cost. All initiatives of MODINT Logistics are aimed at taking costs out of the chain.
Logistically, the fashion branch is very fragmented. Individual companies all organise distribution themselves. Organising clustering of transport in a sustainable and innovative way through collaboration is the core of what MODINT Logistics does.
Corporate social responsibility has become an indispensable part of our world. In transportation this is often about green logistics. The means: aimed at saving mileage, fuel and reduction of the emission of fine dust, particulate matter and CO². In many countries the average load factor of trucks is only 50%. By delivering more with the same truck in the same trip, unnecessary trips become superfluous. This principle applies both to road transport and sea freight and air freight. So much can be achieved through clustering and through collaborations that makes much clustering possible.
Sustainability and innovation
New services are developed from the wish list of the branch. Projects such as ‘Bundling at the source’ and ‘Delivery time harmonisation’ are examples of successful innovations. Concepts including all-inclusive service and combined transport services between certain countries also fit into this list. These innovations lead to both cost saving and green logistics and so are doubly interesting.
From raw material to consumer
By looking at the logistics chain integrally and overseeing the logic between links, we succeed in finding the shortest distance the product has to cover to the end user: the consumer. MODINT Logistics works with service providers who can operate the entire chain together. A chain-integral approach leads to the lowest cost and improvement of quality for companies.
Arrangements and services
- Express cargo international
Worldwide shipment of parcels and documents
- Parcel distribution
Both domestic and abroad. To business and private addresses
- Pallet distribution
Both groupage and full trucks (full truck load=FTL)
- Sea freight
Both part cargo (LCL) and full containers (FCL)
- Air freight
Ad hoc and structural
- Outsourcing logistics
Control over incoming flows, storage, order picking, delivery, added value services, both for wholesale operations and online activities
- General logistic advice. From our own expertise and network. Support in the organisation of efficient logistics and transport
- Advice regarding process organisation in a logistics environment
- Development of logistics concepts in the field of sustainability and innovation
- Logistics-related information technology and possible expansion of the entire business operation, aimed at the omnichannel development in the fashion branch, the customer being central
- Supporting companies entering external markets, international market development may require logistic infrastructure abroad
- MODINT freight counter. One counter for all your ad hoc transport questions with solutions for a good market price. Call +31338700201 or email to email@example.com
Upon request we organise customised solutions if your personal logistics situation requires it.
Benefits of participation
- Companies switching to one of the transporters from the arrangements will probably get better rates than the current ones;
- Companies already participating in one of the arrangements see their purchasing power grow as the transport arrangements become filled. The success of the arrangements depends on the performance of the transporters selected. If this falls short, MODINT Logistics is in the position to raise this matter with the transporters;
- In some cases it is not profitable for companies to switch to one of the transporters in the arrangement. However, the introduction of the transport arrangement in the market has already created ‘dynamics’ in the market and thanks to the steady growth in volume the propositions of MODINT Logistics improve steadily;
- You can also easily join innovative logistics projects in which the service is put to the test. MODINT encourages its members to participate in such innovations so we can build new possibilities with additional power;
- You can receive first-line logistics advice. In a conversation with the MODINT Logistics adviser you can exchange thoughts on all levels about your logistics situation. They can give you custom advice based on market developments, possibilities and experience. For ‘larger’ logistics projects MODINT Logistics has a network of specialists who are available at substantially reduced rates. Of course, they too provide custom advice.
- Clustering of transport streams contributes to the prevention of the congestion of inner cities and the reduction of CO2; in other words, MODINT Logistics takes up its social responsibility on behalf of its members;
- Following this, MODINT Logistics seeks the dialogue with (local) authorities about the problems surrounding distribution. By thinking along, exchanging ideas and developing initiatives ourselves we stay ahead of cost-increasing regulations and guarantee our distribution for the future;
- Sale in the shops is less frequently disturbed by the delivery of goods as there are not five transporters coming at different times, but only one transporter in a day. Moreover, innovations such as taking back packaging waste will strongly improve the service to your customers;
- Thanks to the built-up purchasing power it is possible to request supplementary services from the logistics service providers and as a branch we can realise our wish list. This way, our position as a branch will remain strong in the turbulent world of logistics service providers with its many takeovers, bankruptcies and mergers.
How to participate
Depending on your need you can plan a visit with one of the advisers of MODINT Logistics. During the meeting the operation of the logistics arrangements will be explained to you and a scan can be made of the logistics operation of your company. This scan is intended to reveal the optimal use of the transport arrangements and determine a rough indication of the discount to be achieved. But the scan can also yield tips for logistics cost savings that can be made anyway (irrespective of discount rates). Usually a meeting to go through all your specific logistics issues is useful, as practice has proven: logistics is custom work, after all.
The meeting will often show that one or several of the logistics discount arrangements are interesting for you. MODINT Logistics can make a cost estimate for you. There are frequent assessment interviews between MODINT Logistics and the transporters. It is also MODINT’s task to closely monitor the quality of the service provided by the transporters. For that reason, MODINT makes very high admission requirements for the selection of new transporters.
Thanks to continuous expansion of the arrangements and growing purchasing power we succeed in getting better rates over and over again. So it is rewarding to keep informed regularly on the newest developments. Our advice is to plan a meeting with MODINT Logistics at least once a year.
Arnhemse Bovenweg 100
3708 AG ZEIST
3700 AT ZEIST